In warm weather, wearing sandals will be a great bet to keep your feet cool and comfortable. But it would be much embarrassing if your sandals stink in a crowd. Odour is actually caused by the sweat that gets accumulated in the shoe soles and thus generates odour causing bacteria. Well, here you can find 5 simple tips to avoid stinking smell in your sandals and have a trouble-free walk.
Whether you have been all day long in shoes or just an evening party, your feet tend to sweat. This sweat gets trapped by the soles of the footwear and further causes to the growth of odour causing bacteria thus producing stinking smell.
Shoe odour not only spoils your impression in the crowd but also leads to foot-health issues like athlete’s foot. So, proper care should be taken with regard to shoe odour. But how one can prevent or remove smell from the sandals? Well, keeping your sandals smell free is not so tough task to do. Below listed are some easy ways to make your shoes smell free.
- Always keeps your feet neat and dirt free. Wash your feet with some good antibacterial soap and most importantly scrub and then clean in between the toes properly. Wipe and dry your feet immediately after washing. Never wear sandals with wet foot as this may cause in quick odour formation.
- If your feet are prone to sweat excessively, then it is a good idea to use some antiperspirants to prevent moisture formation. You can even find antibacterial gels and antifungal powders available in the supermarket to apply on your feet to restrict the bacterial growth in your feet and in the sandals as well.
- Spray your shoes with disinfectants and deodorizers specially designed for shoe odour. They help in avoiding odour in your shoes and indeed prevent your foot health as well.
- After every wear expose them to air or if possible dry them under sunlight but not in direct sunlight. This will kill the bacteria and keep your shoes smell free. You can even try sprinkling baking soda or bicarbonate in your sandals and leave them an overnight after every wear. Bicarbonate is an ideal agent to kill the bacteria and leave your shoes stench free.
- Wear footwear designed with breathable materials like canvas or mesh that are highly breathable in nature and thus avoid any moisture formation that cause stench.